To create variants for a products, follow this description
NB! The description presupposes that the guide ‘Create products’ step 1-8 er are completed. Has this been done previously, you access the creation of variants by clicking on the concerned product in the product view. You find the product view by clicking on ‘Products’ on the left side of the back office.
- Choose ‘Add/Edit Product Variants’.
- Choose ‘Add variant Dimensions’.
- Enter a dimension on the product under ‘Name’. In this example, the dimension is the length. A dimension is a characteristic that describes the product such as colour or size. These dimensions will be further specified through values.
- Choose then ‘Add Value’.
- Enter the first length of the product under ‘Value’
A value is therefore specific functions that help describe the various dimensions of the product. This could be the colours red and blue and the sizes small and medium.
It’s possible to add a colour code or a picture of the values to the dimensions of the product. This is done under ‘Color’ and ‘Add Image’.
- It’s now possible to add another value. This is done by clicking ‘Add Value’. Do this until all the wanted values of the dimensions are added.
It’s possible to delete an added value by clicking on the red cross next to the concerned value.
- When all values are added, click ‘Done’
- If the concerned product has several dimension, for example, ‘Colours’, chose ‘Add Variant Dimensions’ again and complete step 3-8 until all dimensions are created.
It’s possible to delete a dimension and all its values by clicing on the red cross next to the concerned dimension. Alterations can be made in a dimension by clicking on the concerned dimension.
When all dimensions are created, the variants are ready to be made.
- Choose ‘Add variant’.
Under ‘Bar Code’, it’s possible to add an item number, a differentiated name can be added under ‘Name’, and separate prices can be added under ‘Retail Price’ and ‘Cost Price’. It’s also possible to add a picture of the concerned variant. This is done under ‘Add Image’. If the price and the picture are supposed to be the same as the main product, nothing has to be done. Are pictures added to one of the dimensions, the variants will adjust to this.
- At the bottom of the pop-up window, the added dimension will appear. Choose the wanted value to each dimension to create a variant.
- Click ‘Done’, when a variant is ready to be created
- The variant is now visible under ‘Variants’. A variant can be deleted by clicking on the red cross next to the concerned variant.
- Alle the wanted variants have to be created in order til be available in POS. Therefore, complete step 10-12 again until all the variants are visible in the ‘Variants’ table
- To make the variant available in POS and to end the creation of variants, click ‘Publish’
A product with three dimensions with three values each will look like this in POS:
Is a localization added to the main product, this will also apply to the variants.
Please sign in to leave a comment.