With this discount rule, it’s possible to create a rule applying to a single product. When the discount rule is used, this product will get a new price. This means, that the discount rule will only become effective when the specific product and the specified amount of this product is a part of the sale. Follow the below-mentioned steps to create a new price discount for a specified number or more of a single product.
- Click on 'Discount rule' on the left side of the back office
- Click on ‘New rule’.
- Pick ‘New price discount for a specified number or more of single product’ in the pop-up window
- Enter the name of the discount rule under ‘Name’.
- Enter the name that will be shown in POS when the discount rule is used under ‘Display name’.
- Enter the priority of the discount rule as a real number under ‘Priority'.
- Enter the number of products the customer at least have to buy before the discount rule become effective under ‘Count’.
- Under ‘New price’, the price that the product attains when the discount rule become effective is entered.
- Tick off 'Only if cheaper', if the discount only should be used, when the new price is cheaper than the original price
- Choose ‘Select product’. A pop-up menu with all available products is shown. You now choose the product you wish to create a discount rule on.
- Tick off the box 'Apply to members only', is the discount rule should only apply to members
- Choose an optional time limit by clicking 'Start date'
- Tick off 'Advanced', if you want to continue evaluation of other rules after this one applies
- Choose what markets the discount rule should be available on under ‘Markets’. Multiple markets can be chosen.
- Click ‘Publish’ to end
The added discount rule has not been localized. This means that the name of the rule won’t adjust to the chosen language in POS. Firstly, to localize a discount rule, you have to complete step 1-12.
Click on the newly created discount rule
Click on ‘Add Localizations’ and choose the language of the discount rule. Danish is chosen, if the rule is in Danish as in this example.
If more localizations are wanted, click on ‘Add Localizations’ again and choose the language you want to localize the discount rule to.
An empty ‘Display name’ box will appear and the localized name of the discount rule is entered here. Step 14-15 are repeated until the rule has all the wanted localizations
End by clicking ‘Publish’.
The added discount rule will now appear on the list of rules.
To delete a discount rule, click on the red cross next to the concerned discount rule.