This feature allows you to return a product which is not created in the Backend or is not available under "Previous Sales". This can be relevant if a customer has purchased a product through a previous POS system and now wants to return it after switching to Ka-ching POS.
If the sale of the desired returned product has been made with Ka-ching, see ’Return’ for a guide on how to complete a return.
Manual return can be completed two ways; Find product or manual product.
The manual return is based on the product catalogue. You can, therefore, search for a product to return.
- To start a search of a product for a manual return, go to the menu in the upper left corner.
- Press ‘Manual return’ and then 'Find product'
The search page will then appear.
- Enter a search word and choose the product, that has to be returned
- Press ‘Return’
- Enter the price on the specific product and press ‘Next’.
The original price of the product will be visible.
- Enter the amount of product, which will be returned and press ‘Next’.
- Enter a comment, which will be visible on the return line in the basket and on the receipt. Press ‘Apply’.
The pop-up window will then close and the return product is added the basket.
Manual return can also be conducted by creating a product manually.
- To create a manual product, go to the menu in the upper left corner.
- Press ‘Manual return’ and then ‘Manual product’.
A new page will appear and from here it is possible to create a product manually and to conduct a manual return.
- Enter the name of the product and the press ‘Next’.
- Enter the price on the product and press ‘Next’.
- Enter the amount of the product, which is being returned, and press ‘Next’
- Enter a comment, which will be shown in the return line and on the receipt. Press ‘Apply’
- The pop-up window will close and the returned item is added to the basket
Return and sale in the same checkout
It is possible to complete both a return and a sale in the same checkout. When adding products to the basket, which already contains a return item, the basket will be divided in two: ‘Shop basket’ and ‘Return’
- To complete the return, swipe left from the basket and the payment page will appear.
- Choose the wanted payment method and enter ‘Return’.
- Press 'Print' to print the return receipt.
NB! To print a receipt a printer must be connected. See ‘Set up printers’ for a guide on how to set up your printers.
- Enter the email of the customer and press ‘Send’ to send an electronic receipt.
- If the customer wants to sign up for your newsletter, enter their email address and press ‘Subscribe to Newsletter’.
- Complete by pressing ‘Done’.
The return will become visible on all reports and previous sales in both the POS and the back office.
If the return has to be stopped, press outside of the pop-up window.